A few of the things that I've read so far this week:
- New York State Chief Judge Jonathan Lippman wants to require attorneys to do pro bono work in order to practice law in New York
- Mark Kleiman writes an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal about how the criminal justice system should respond to drugs
- The Crime Report covers a panel with leading scholars discussing crime trends in the U.S.
- Greg Jackson, one of our key partners in Brownsville, passes away.
- David Brooks of the New York Times writes about trial and error and concludes that government should "fail less badly every day."